From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: MOT testing

Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

The best way to measure a MOT is by feeding 120V or 240V (depending on MOT)
into the secondary. The primary should be around 5 to 6 Volts output. Then
you take 120V or measured mains voltage and divide by primary Volts.

120 V
_____  =  20:1 transformer or 2400 VAC

6 V

......then once your done that step use the mA current setting to measure
output current on the primary. This will tell you what sort of drawing rate
the transformer has.