Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/25/02 12:21:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I can also look at the many awards this
> man has won for his scientific contributions and this instills an automatic
> sense of respect and "benefit of the doubt" for his claims.  Before someone
> of this stature can have his worked summarily dismissed, there needs to be
> good counter evidence to prove he is wrong.

Aristotle believed that the brain was a device for cooling the blood. For a
thousand years no one was allowed to challenge his statements because he was
right about so many other things. Edison used his fame and status to "prove"
that AC had no practical value, and Einstein couldn't accept Heisenberg's
interpretation of uncertainty principle.
The burden of proof, for each and every place where Tesla made statements
contradictory to what is now generally accepted body of knowledge, rests with
those who believe that Tesla was right and the rest of the world is wrong, to
come up with reproducible results that demonstrate this. The CSN frequently do
not contain enough data to reproduce the conditions under which his experiments
were carried out. They were, after all, notes to remind himself of critical
points, and much that he knew about his equipment is not in them.  Also much
that is in his notes is deduction, surmising, and interpretation on his part. A
lot of it was right on, some seems not to be. One of the most difficult things
to teach science students is how to separate their observations from their
conclusions in a formal write-up of an experiment. In CSN, Tesla was not
writing for others in a formal way, but rather for his own later use. He knew
which was which, but we can no longer ask him to elaborat! e.
       We need also to remember one of the inescapable principles from Quantum
theory: "The very act of measurement (observation) alters that which is being
measured (observed)". (An isolated sphere is, by definition, unmeasureable .)

Matt D.