From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:14 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: ion motors Re: uses for a Tesla Coil?

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> Try making a ion drive motor take an skill saw blade press a bearing
> into the arbor bolt the bearing to the top of your coil now the safety
> part build a Plexiglas or steel cage around the coil just incase the
> blade comes off. The ions jump of the tips of the teeth and get the
> blade spinning very very fast make sure the blade is well balanced or
it
> will come off but since the blade is spinning the wrong way it doesn't
> do that much damage. Good luck.

	My version was simpler, which is not to say better.
	WITH POWER OFF
	Provide a needle point on top of the coil.
	Take about 16" of soft copper, solid wire, about #12.
	Bend into a long open 'S', maybe 6" dia.
	Find the approximate middle, crush with pliers.
	Center punch, to make 'cone' bearing.
	Pointen (is that a word?) the ends of the wire.
	Balance the S on the needle.
	Adjust the balance, as needed by gently bending the S.

	Power up.
	With luck it'll spin...

	best
	dwp