Re: uses for a Tesla Coil?

Ben: most of the historical uses of the TC have been replaced with new
systems that are more easly controlled. A few uses still remain unique.
Hi-voltage for linear accelerators. carona static generators for partical
presipitation. Generating synthetic diamonds. separating isotopes of metal
ions in a plasma field, and insect killers. The ever present interfearance
generated by the TC restricts its uses.
  Robert  H