Talking about SW bucket caps...

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

Hey folks,
Dan again, ...getting closer...

Question: Would it be any advantage in a SW bucket cap to have a 12" diam.
metal disk at the bottom under the bottles to connect one of the electrodes
to?

Also would it be advantagiouis to wrap the bottles in metal THEN place them
on the metal disk that covers the bottom of the bucket?

Currently the design states that one of the leads just hangs in the bucket.
It seems to me it would be a better capacitor if the lead instead of
hanging in the bucket, actually connected to the metal disk underneath all
the wrapped bottles.

I'm sure Chris (our cap guru) will have something to say about this. I
don't mean to mess with a tried and true design, I'm just curious.

Thanks
Dan
Ft. Lauderdale