Re: Pulse Transformer

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 05/13/2002 11:23:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> >>Of course, it's getting towards a pulse transformer, then....
>
> >    I am not familiar with pulse transformers,
>

>     A transformer optimized for fast, wideband, operation.
>     (It can be argued that a Tesla transformer IS one,
>     arguably excepting a VTTC.)
>
> > if you would like to explain it
>

>     No core, or ferrite core.
>     Relatively small number of turns (for high/broad freq
>     response).
>     Poor efficiency, in power transformer terms.
>     Can be low power, or high power.
>     best
>     dwp

    Thanks for the explaination. If i construct a coil, i would use a lot of
turns.
Would VTTC mean varabily timed tesla coil? If this is true, Yes, i think the
the impulses to the coil should be varied, thus createing multiple overlapping
frequencies.
I do not know if i have a clear understanding of the coil, however i think if
the impulses to the coil were altered in frequency several different
oscillations would occur in the coil.
Paul