RE: 50 hz nst

Original poster: "Calvin Patrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <linhacktux-at-wycol-dot-com>

what is it that makes it so worthless?  The caps can't keep up with the
frequency?  what if I just run a 1/2 wave rectifier, then into my cap(s)?
Or even rectify 2 transformers, and run both in.  I've seen designs of
ignition coils doing this.