Re: solder

Hi Godfrey,

Definitely get good electronic grade solder with rosen core flux.  Plumbing
solder tends to have more oxides and other junk in it.  When your using a
blow torch and brush on acid flux, it does not matter.  However, when your
making delicate electrical connections only the best will do.

I would also keep it in an air tight bag and wipe the wire down with a
rough rag to remove surface contaminates when doing critical work.  Solder
is very sensitive to contaminates!  I don't think there is much cost
difference between the two anyway.

I would not think it would be worth getting on e-bay since a $5 spool from
Radio Shack may last years...  I got a 10 pound spool 10 years ago and 1/2
is still left.  I think it is best to get fresh solder that does not have a
lot of surface oxidation.

Cheers,

	Terry