Re: Photos up of my 80kva 3 phase DC coil

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "syd by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-playahearth-dot-com>
>
> Hey All
>
> Thought you might like to check out some photos and
> video of my latest
> tesla coil sculpture named 'CAUAC'. It
> debuted for some 50,000 people at the Coachella
> Music and Arts Festival
> a couple weeks ago.  It's of a three
> phase DC design and I had it running at a continuous
> 80kva during the
> shows both nights. I'll be adding more technical
> information to the site soon.

http://www.playahearth-dot-com/sydtesla/coachteslalbum/index.html
Holy smoley.thats big.. You mentioned..
. Fortunately the use of a rectified 3 phase supply
offers not only the benefit of a balanced load, but
also the ability to utilize resonant charging of the
drive circuit's cap bank. Since the charging is non
continuous

I dont quite understand how three resonant dc banks
can interact independently. Is there only one? Wouldnt
that mean the combined ripple would be 3 *120 or 60
pulses/ second or some some kind of triple to source
frequency ripple? HDN

=====
Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal Resonances
http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/

________