Re: damaged secondary Help needed

In a message dated 5/10/02 10:18:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Mike,

I would remove a few turns to expose all the burnt area of the
secondary.  Then I'd cut or scrape away the burnt area of the
form.  The burnt area can be filled in with hot glue if there's a
hole when your done cutting/scraping.  Then taper the ends
of the wires with a file, but don't remove any insulation except
for the tapering.  Then solder a new piece of wire in place (a
few turns as needed).  You can coat the solder joints with
hot glue if desired, and coat the wires with varnish, etc.

Cheers,
John