Re: Faraday cage

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 5/10/02 10:29:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> << I was thinking of a simple 1x2 wood frame with aluminum screening.
> Simple,
> fast, and easily handled.  Not real big and easy to take down. >>

Hi Terry,
I built an 8ft x 12ft "chicken wire" partition across my garage with 2x4s to
separate me and the controls from the coil. (MUCH cheaper than window screen. I
then lined the ceiling and walls on the "business side"  of the partition with
the same wire and tied it all to a second RF ground. This required drilling a
hole in the slab near the partition and pounding in a 6ft rod with just enough
left above ground for the 2ft battery cable to hook to the screen. ( attach
cable before mushrooming end of rod with sledge hammer) ;-)
Matt D.
G5-#12
<http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org>http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org