Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden topic?)

Original poster: "Ray von Postel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vonpostel-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Malcom;
As you say, there are two issues.  However, when you go beyond, what you
describe
as "back of the envelope" engineering and start using a computer, don't
you think
it time to take as much advantage of it's number crunching power as
possible?  Why
use approximations when you can do better?

Example:  Why use Wheeler when Nagoka's formulas are more accurate?
 There is
no need to use tables when you can calculate Nagoka's constant.  Just
calculate the
needed constant each time you use the program and to any degree of accuracy
within the limits of the computer.

You also mentioned the problems associated with top loading.  Perhaps
that should
be the first project.  I didn't intend to set priorities.

I presume you disagree that this is "getting a bit far from coiling".  I
just meant
it was probably not of interest to many and I was being a bore.  Or, have I
misunderstood!

>>This seems to be getting a bit far from coiling,  I would be glad to continue
>>this
>>discussion off list.
>>
>>Best
>>Ray
>>

>Don't agree - unless I've misunderstood.
>
>Regards,
>malcolm

Best
Ray