Re: Coil diameter and inductance

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Dan,
3\8's brass tubing will make a nice primary. the g-10 tube might be good
to save for your future vttc, 20g is good to start. maybe get some pvc
or i'm getting ready to sell fiberglass tanks again (i have a sh--t load
of 8") get wintesla and play with it, different coil setups, wire,
length,width, toploads, primarys then you can see what cap you need.
Don't let the formulas scare yo, my first coil had a 3" pvc coupling
added and more wire wound over i after the splice, the whole thing was
setup on my coffee table for weeks.
good start, be safe!
Take care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

<Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>