RE: Good for MMC?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

You didn't mention what the dielectric material of your caps is - mylar
(bad) or polypropylene (good).  But regardless, your caps have a much
too-low value.

For a 15/60 NST power supply, you'd want between .01 and .02 uF for your
cap, rated at least 21kV DC.

If you're using caps rated at 1000V each, you will need each string to be
21 caps long to arrive at 21kV.  Using your caps, each string of 21 will be
.0022uF/21 or .000095 uF.  Two such strings, using 42 caps, will get you
.00019 uF.  This falls short or the .01uF target by a factor of 52.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA