Re: Endless diodes

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

I used a perf-board approximately 1.25" w x 6.0" L. (with 30 diodes per.)
although the diode leads are folded at .5" wide. The diodes and their leads
are arranged in a sort of 'zzzzzz' fashion. The diode bodies are mounted
parallel as ties on a railroad track while the leads connect at an angle to
one another forming the 'z' pattern. This is much more compact and unwieldy
than one long string one diode wide by umpteen long. Use foil-less
perfboard. When I'm through soldering I clean the spent flux off with
acetone or lacquer thinner.

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 03/27/2002 01:33:15 PM