Re: setting the safty gap ???

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/27/02 12:15:29 AM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Then I forced an arc
>  with my shorting sticks and the arc wouln't go out, since then I've been
>  widening the gaps past 5/32" and it still won't go out (unless I blow on it

Shaun,

No forced arc. Don't start the arc. I assume the center ball is ground. Just
space the balls
so the NST voltage will not initiate an arc on its own. That should be the
proper setting
when the safety gap fires only occasionally. I fudge a little to increase the
spacing just
slightly.  :-))

Hope that helps.

Ralph Zekelman