Re: electrolytic capacitors/homemade capacitors

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> 1>      Just wondering if anyone has used Electrolytic Capacitors in
series on a
> Tesla Coil Curcuit before?? Would it work??

1. Yes, it's probably been tried.

2. No, it couldn't work (for very long).  Some non-polarized
electrolytic capacitors are used in motor starting circuits (my antenna
rotator uses one which I have to replace very couple of years), and some
are advertised for use in speaker "cross-over circuits".  The former
works for low-duty service, but not sure about the latter. Sure you'll
get much more on this subject.

Ed