Re: The weakest link??

Hi Jim,

Time to start troubleshooting. Sounds like the NST to me. It's possible one
side is
damaged. See if you can draw an arc from both sides. The gap is easy, just
clean between
segments. Another possibility could be a shorted winding on the secondary
(usually a
burn spot where two or more windings short together - sometimes at higher
power, the
entire shorted turn will burn all the way around). My hunch however is the
NST. (Also
check wiring - run it with lights out and look for arcing). Just start
eliminating the
possibilities.

Good luck,
Bart