RSG adjustment

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi All!

	I tried out the phase adj. circuit on John Freau's site, but apparently
did not have the correct capacitor size.  I only have 2 large (10 uF or
above) caps, and neither the 10 uF unit or the 35 uF unit worked.  Is
there a formula I can use to find (or approximate) the needed size?  My
motor is a 3/4 HP modified salient pole job, if that helps.  Also, is a
0-140 volt variac necessary?  Mine is not a step-up unit.

	If I can't get the circuit to work, how should I go about accurately
phasing my gap?  I can only approximate by moving the motor's housing
(or is this the only thing to to?).

Thanks,
Winston

PS- My coil is starting to do things, finally!  I got the SRSG phased
semi-correctly for 240 BPS, and got some 6 footers with 80% power in.
Not too good for 3900 VA, but it's getting better.  My feeble "MMC" is
still the main problem (it just thwarted my evil plan by catching fire
for the 7th time).  Oh well, it's just part of the fun, right :-)).