RE: Potting Diode Strings - yes!

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi all

I would put the diode strings under transformer oil. These diode sticks
don't seem soluble in oil. In a rectified x-ray transformer, the diode
sticks are under oil. Some of the diode sticks in x-ray transformers are
strings of one inch long diodes. Yet they do not flash over even at
potentials over 100 kV.

Godfrey Loudner