srsg idea to prevent losses

Original poster: "colin.heath4 by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <colin.heath4-at-ntlworld-dot-com>

hi all,
        im concidering an idea with my rotary gap and would like to run it by
you all
now it could be totally stupid or it could work
let me know what you think

im going to run my gap without spark gap but instead have the rotor electrodes
touch a spring loaded contact so it brushes by it when running
i have achieved the actual building of this unit but just wondered whether it
needs to spark to work

i was hoping this would reduce losses in the spark
i am a newbie to all this only 4 months and have two coils my best putting out
4'

please let me knoew what you think of this idea
many thanks
colin haeth