Re: 2 questions: SRSG & LTR Caps

In a message dated 3/19/02 1:17:05 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Matt,

You may need to use about a 60uF cap or so.  The key is to
measure the voltage across the motor, while rotating the variac
knob.  The voltage should rise about 3 to 5 volts over line voltage
at some point along the variac range.  Also, the motor should
remain locked for the full variac range or close to it.  Only
trial and error will determine the correct cap size.

Cheers,
John