measure tank cap voltage?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

static gap tc:
Would it be helpful in tuning the size of a tank cap
by connecting an o-scope (w/hv probe) to the cap?
it sounds like a quick death for an o-scope.

that way you could watch the charge rate of the cap and make changes
accordingly.  obviously running at lower power to reduce the chance
of a strike to the pri.

the reason i ask is that my coil is using 4 12kv/30ma nst and a really
cheesy static gap i made.  my output is only 3ft or so.
tried various top loads and that is the best i can get.
I've got pix available, i just need to stop inhaling ozone and webify the
coil.

larry