RE: Model T First Light - Take Two

Original poster: "David Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

Hi Bart,

Thanks. I think that poor little spark coil is about wrung out with a
1000pf. I have a small 7.5KV 30ma neon transformer on order and, just
for grins, I will see how that performs but the real purpose of the
mini-coil was to use that old spark coil and to that end I consider it
highly successful. Being battery powered and at this low a power also
makes it a great learning tool since it is very unlikely to do much harm
without a good deal of effort.

What I am really excited about is taking the things I learned building
it and applying that knowledge to my large coil which I know has masses
of untapped potential.

Thanks again for all the help.

Dave

Dave Kyle