Re: SEB Model

Hi Richard,

On 13 Mar 2002, at 19:35, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

> Paul wrote:
>
> In natural units, S = E x B is fine.  However RWW is trying
>  to suggest that S offers a 3rd degree of freedom to the field, ie
>  an extra polarisation.

> =========================
>
> Paul is very perceptive.  He is probably the only one on this list that has
> independently come to this conclusion and I give him credit.
>
> Yes, S is a vector, as are E and B, and yes it is a third degree of freedom
> to the field and represents an extra polarization.  I unabashedly proclaim
> it as so and do not shrink from this claim.  I made this assertion when I
> advised S, E and B are vectors in 3D and are each orthogonal to each other.
>  I did not carry the subject any further in order to not severely disturb
> the list.  However, Paul did and spoke of even a forth dimension.  Much to
> his credit.  Ordinarily, we have to be very careful when talking about such
> subjects like extra dimensions and aether on this list.
>
> I'm asked -- if ordinary EM works why look for S waves of longitudinal wave
> propagation?  Well contrary to certain opinion, all science discovered and
> etched into stone over the past century, is not necessarily correct.  There
> are somethings that are fabrications and hasty generalizations and are just
> plain incorrect.  No matter if the math does seem to work out correctly.
> This extra polarization wave just seems to be one of the corrections long
> over due.  The math will be simpler for this new Electric theory.  Certain
> terms that are really nonexistent like displacement current will not be
> necessary.
>
> What good are these new waves?  Well, it's doubtful they will ever support
> world transmission of power.  But, these waves have other very interesting
> properties.  They are time invariant and are capable of action at a
> distance.  When your TC is fired, it is immediately perceived across the
> Universe.  Communications with distant galaxies will be like local EM
> today.  I believe Paul made reference of intergalactic communications in
> the past.  It will come to pass.  I realize these comments are directly
> adverse to many modern physics theories.  Most will scoff at my theories.
> That's OK.  Science will evolve.

We're not on the verge of confusing phase velocity with group
velocity are we? Is there a shred of evidence that any form of
radiation has ever exceeded the speed of light in a vacuum?

> How does this tie into the Tesla list?   These S waves are physical
> attributes of  Tesla coils.  Instrumentation to detect and study these
> waves is in it's early infancy.  Even now study of spiral discharges which
> are predicted by S wave vortex in/out of Tesla coils is just starting.  My
> current interest is placing small TCs in a large Bell jar with different
> noble gases and mixtures to study the S wave vortex.  To me this is just as
> elegant an experiment as watching a 20 foot streamer.
>
> This list has a huge amount of power.  Study of TC longitudinal waves and
> engineering these waves for communications is a huge project.  Future TC
> TX/RX instruments will probably be far different than our common TC of
> today.  The diversity of interest on this list is what keeps it strong and
> viable.  We must always be tolerant of those who have different ideas and
> give them full leeway to describe and test their ideas.

Agree. But the ideas must be sufficiently closely defined as to be
falsifiable. I learn something every time the broom of experiment
sweeps away a bad idea of mine.

Regards,
Malcolm