Re: More TC Spiral Vortices

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All,

  On my website there are some good pictures of high-powered (~2kva) VTTC
sparks that very clearly show the spiral effect on the discharge.  Look at
the pics at the bottom of the page.

http://sundog.timeship-dot-net/HV/cw_prjct/cw_prjct.htm

It is a real 3d effect, I've walked around the coil and seen it, and looked
at the discharge from a very steep angle, it's definately a spiral.  That's
the quad833 VTTC kicking out sparks, btw.
The pics are very clear and sharp, taken at a variety of exposures, but
mostly at ISO 400 with a pretty quick shutter speed and manual focus on the
Olympus C3000.  Enjoy!

Shad G2-1203

At 07:07 PM 3/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
>
>List,
>
>On John Freau's web site on the Vacuum Tube TC page there are a couple of
>images with single sword-like discharges with spiral cork screw
>configurations.
>
>Thanks John.
>
><http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret
>/page3.html
>
>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page2.html
>
>RWW
>
>--- Richard Wayne Wall
>--- <mailto:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com

Shad (Sundog)
G-2 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"