Re: longitudinal waves

Original poster: "Wall Richard Wayne by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>

John,

Great poem.  Some people are getting a little too serious and personal
regarding topics near and dear to their hearts and their inward fears that some
others dare challenge their cherished beliefs.  The light hearted humor hits
the spot.

BTW, would you re post your tube coil images that have the single sword-like
discharge straight up from the center of the coil.  If memory serves me right
they had sort of a helical cork screw configuration.  I agree with terry,
Experiment is King!  What a great title for another poem!  %^)

> O silly scope,
> Have you the latitude,
> To show us waves of longitude?
>
> Will we long forever,
> To see a sign or trace,
> Of these elusive squiggles?
>
> Will a flat coil's thunder
> Bring untold theoretical wonder?
>
> Will a line be drawn,
> Betwixt the fantastic,
> And the merry fantasy?
>
> Harken to the sword-spark,
> Which cuts to the line-cord of truth,
> And exposes all madness and babble.
>
> Cheers,
> John

--- Richard Wayne Wall
--- <mailto:rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com