RE: Longitudinal Waves - Request for clarification

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

Hi Colin,

a) How are the E & B fields of longitudinal waves supposed to vary in space
and time?

Longitudinal pulses do not have E and B fields.  Longitudinal waves vary in
space and time by length (or time) and density.  The reason it can be either
length or time is because light has a set speed (in a vacuum and for all
practical purposes).  Light travels about 186000 miles in one second so in
three seconds light will have traveled either 3 seconds or 3 times 186000
miles.  The density of light has been experimentally observed and reported
as "wave packets" in regards to photons.  Whereas potential is opposed by
the permeability of space to create magnetism, the longitudinal component of
the pulse is opposed by the permeability of space to create compression
waves.

The energy of the potential and magnetic forces is equal to the energy of
the longitudinal forces.  The energy is the same, except that they are
viewed from different angles.  And because the energy is viewed from a
different angle, different properties can be observed.  It's like looking at
an object from the front or the side.  Based on our angle of observation we
can draw different yet equally valid conclusions about the characteristics
of an object.  The more views we have of an object, the more accurate our
understanding of it becomes.  Longitudinal waves do not replace E and B
forces.  They just give us a more complete picture of energy.

b) How does this vary from classic far-field radiation & near-field
induction effects?

To begin with, longitudinal waves are not exclusive of or opposed to classic
EM.  They are a further development of.  Energy has other properties than E
& B fields.  It also has rotation, and longitudinal propagation.  This is
very evident when looking at a graphic model of an energy pulse.

c) How are these waves created and measured?

Longitudinal waves are created at the same time as the potential and the
rotation.  An energy pulse is a multidimensional unit.  I give a detailed
description of how all these components of a wave are related in my c^2
paper, so I will not repeat it here.

>Without a clear description of the physical properties of your
"longitudinal waves" further discussion in this list feels like just so much
hot air.

I can't make you read my paper.  But until you do, you can't judge my
position.  It may seem like hot air to you, but everybody else's uninformed
opinion of my views looks equally unsubstantial to me.  What is so hard
about seeing energy from a different angle?

> Maybe I'm in a minority. Maybe the majority of people want to focus on
untestable theories

There's nothing untestable about a real quality of energy.  How can you not
see the longitudinal component of energy?  I have drawn you a clear picture
and posted a link to it in several posts.

>However assuming that most of use are practical experimenters interested in
exploring the objective reality around us, could we _please_ either have a
testable theory or could we bring the discussion of LWs in this forum to a
close?
P.S. I do not intend the above to be a personal attack, but I am frankly
tired of the hijacking of a wonderful resource for coilers by
pseudo-science.

I don't take your position as an attack on me.  But you must take the time
to understand my position before attacking my ideas.  There is nothing new
about longitudinal waves.  They have been recognized by qualified men
throughout the past several hundred years, if not longer; including the
inventor of the Tesla coil.  Not only am I actually working with
longitudinal waves of electricity, but I am demonstrating them to the group
through flat spiral coils, which is very much on topic.  I can't help it if
there is a mental block to the idea of longitudinal waves.

Take a look at my MathCAD generated graphics, the formulas I used to draw
the graphics, and the connection to c^2 that I used to establish the
formulas.  There is nothing mystical or pseudo science about this.  It is
all very logical, common sense, simple to understand, practical, and useful.
Are you afraid of actually reading my paper?  If there is a flaw in it,
point it out.  But don't keep telling me I'm wrong because you say so.

Dave