Re: EMI Filter Freq

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "david baehr by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dfb25-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Howdy, I also just bought  two of the ZAC2220-11 20amp filters. They will
> be mounted inside a metal box along with mov's and fuses...

	Useful for safety.  In terms of EMI, some noise will still
	radiate 'around' the filter.

> I have paralleled the two together for 40 amp service, HOW WILL THIS
> CHANGE THE FILTERING ?????

	I would expect it to reduce the filtering, by roughly
	50%.  (6db).

> this will make the .1uf caps = .2uf and the 450uH inductors
> = 900 uH.....??? maybe.

	It's iffy to combine component values this way, when
	each is part of a separate circuit.  And i expect the
	inductors would be 'in parallel' (roughly) so the net
	inductance would be _halved_: 225 uH.

> The only thing I don't like about these filters is that the terminals
> are pretty close together, but with movs in place, shouldn't be a
> problem (I hope),I found them at  All Electronics, $5.50 each.

> Is uf. the same as mf. ???

	Usually.

> Thanks, dave PS I'll also be running a 8"
> coil : )
> >From: "Tesla list"
> >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >Subject: Re: EMI Filter Freq
> >Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:45:32 -0700

> >Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz "

> >YOU're likely to see LOTS of noise at higher frequencies... And at
> >harmonics of the power line (or breakrate) frequency as well. The filters
> >are a good thing

	best
	dwp