Re: A NASA displacement current motor!- was Re: TC Secondary Currents - was

Hi Paul,

Guess you didn't like the sites ...  Fair enough ;-)  You do seem to have a
habit of being right :-)

I see the motor works with solid dielectrics and in a vacuum too which
should eliminate corona.  They "claim" to have done tests that would
discount the effects of simple corona wind.  Someone even did a real
calculation showing that corona could not account for the force... but not
even I trust that ;-))

Displacement currents and their magnetic fields should be simple to test
with tiny magnets that would counter or add to the effect.  Probably just
bits of gently magnetized wire.  I assume if you set up the reverse
magnetic field, the motor "should" turn backwards.  "If" that is indeed the
case, displacement currents would tend to be a big deal.  I guess our
little thing about Helmholtz coils would not help here since the magnetic
fields are all wrong for such coils to counteract.

Of course, the anti-gravity thing and a few other off shoots of the sites
mentioned have no merit.

The work at:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lfpt/html/lfptexpl.htm

http://jnaudin.free.fr/lfpt/html/lfptslv2.htm

"Looks" a little more conventional.  It may be a bunch of baloney too.
"You" are probably one of the few of us who has the knowledge to tell right
off Paul :-)  "i'll" have to dig trough it to figure it out...

I wonder if one could run one of these motors from a Tesla coil (of
substantial power but low enough voltage not to fry it) if you could really
get it going.  A CW coil has plenty of power and voltage if the AC would
not mess things up.

I may have to make one up and see for myself what is going one here.  If it
is just another corona pinwheel, it will be kind of dull but these folks do
seem to be rather convinced of displacement current effects and they have
done the minimal test to show it:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/lifteriw.htm

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/sfpt1tst.htm

So, if nothing else, maybe I could run a lifter off a 1kW Tesla coil and
make the worlds most inefficient way to lift a film of aluminum foil :-))
It may be a fun science fair project to figure out how to run a lifter from
a Tesla coil.  However, success would be far from guaranteed...

Cheers,

	Terry