From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 8:29 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: first, second and third light of a flat coil

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Well,
 To give an update of my 20" flat coil to date:
I wound a somewhat conical primary that hangs under the secondary, 70
deg. angled inward, 11 turns at 20" in.
  Racing arcs along the sec. windings are a real problem. I tried ground
out and ground in. It just seems that no mater what, they race? The arcs
show some good potential, I just need to get them to a topload?
 Longitudinal, shortatudinal or frustratingatudinal, this is a
challenging coil! Space wound with heavy wire would help in this, but
then we wouldn't learn?
  I'll keep playing and report as i go,
Marc M.