Re: DC power

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

I have a 2400/240 pole pig, of unknown power rating, but I was
thinking about making a DC supply from it with several MO caps and
diodes, and a large output cap for DC filtering.  I could probably
only go up to around 9 kv DC effectively for TC use, but does anyone
have any thoughts on the suitability?  I was also thinking about using
a few MOT secondaries in series for a charging inductor - do these
have high enough inductance? Thanks!

Sean Taylor
The Geek Group
G-2 #1204
Because the geek shall inherit the Earth! (c)
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org