From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 9:26 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: PVC secondaries

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

Some coil plans I have say that when using PVC as a coil form, it should
be coated with polyurethane (or similar) BEFORE winding the wire on to
reduce losses. Is this really necessary? I would have thought it just
adds more loss by making the form wall thicker.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia