John Freau efficiency theory, apology?

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

My last post was not a personal attack at John, nor was it questioning
the validity of his theory. I was merely stating that his coil design
guidelines go against many of the things that I have previously been
told make  a good coil. My previous coil "education" came primarily from
Richard Hull about seven years ago. He used to suggest low aspect ratio
coils, with no more than 1000 turns of relatively heay wire. This
contrasts to John's suggestion of a high aspect ratio coil with 1500
turns of wire. Aside from my last coil, all my previously built coils
have performed very well and were built using Richard's guidelines, so I
couldn't see any reason to change my techniques. Now that I have fried a
secondary, I am open to new ideas. I apologise if the last post was
taken personally by anyone on the list, particularly John.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia