Re: Microwave Oven Choke (What's it for?)

Original poster: "Dale Nassar by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dnassar-at-i-55-dot-com>

It should be the filament transformer--I have the same one!  ADVANCE
TRANSFORMER CO put these separate transformers in that model.  You can put
120VAC into the primary and get about 5VAC and LOTS of current at the
secondary--it should be two leads on the other side (not visible in the
photo) with thick magnet wire connected to two terminals.  This thing makes
a GREAT 5v high-current DC power supply--use a low-dropout regulator though.
--dale nassar