Re: FETs and MOSFETs

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "The Cronje Family by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cronkies-at-netactive.co.za>

>hi all
>
>can anyone help me (again!! :-)): what exactly are FETs and MOSFETs and what
>are they used for? also, what are MMCs?
>
>thanks a lot!
>
>pieter

FET's are Field Effect Transistors
MOSFETS are Metal Oxide Field Effect Transistors.

Fets and Mosfets are transistors but they have "extra sensitive" base
pins ( gate??? )
they are primarily used in lower voltage items ( radios, switches ((
touch/tap lite controllers)) etc.)
mosfets are more sensitive to static discharge damage.

MMC ...  this is a Multi- Mini - Capacitor.

instead of spending 200 $ on a single hivolt cap you end up spending 200
$ on a bunch of smaller hivolt caps to equal the same single hivolt cap
rating  :)~~    altho a good thing about this setup is that by banking
them in sets you can have a " variable" cap, where with a single cap
thats all you get.

Scot D