Motor mod mod

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all,
I finally got my motor to work and I wanted to share what happened in
the process. I downloaded the text and image files on converting a motor
to sync and followed the instructions but after cutting the 4 flats and
reassembling, it didn't seem to work (still pulsing). My electrode wheel
uses a collar and set screw to secure it to the shaft, so after rotating
it repeatedly I did find a spot that almost wanted to fire constantly so
I figured I was close. I took the motor apart again and decided to cut
the flats deeper than in the pictures. I did so, and it seems to work as
advertised. I get solid constant spark throughout but the motor does NOT
seem to exhibit the properties that are referred to in the plans. It
spins up no quicker than before and there does not seem to be any power
loss to the motor.
Any and all comments or questions on this mod are welcome. I figured
that someone else may possibly benefit from this so I wanted to share it
with the list(s).

Stay "tuned"
Jim
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/forum