Re: Progress ?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>The small toroid gets hot! "I kid you not"; I
>have never noticed if the little guy got hot before. So, does anyone else
>have
>probs in this nature? I think I need the little toroid to control breakout
>from
>the secondary's top windings.

YES!

My small coil has this same thing!!  I just wrote about it before reading
this.  Its inder MMC warming.  Only the center peice of my gets blistering
hot.  Im not sure how it happened, but i have noticed it before with other
coils but not nearly of this magnitude.  This would probably make an
interesting discussion, since TCs arent supposed to have high current at the
top of them.  Also, can you verify that youre connection was not arcing??
Im almost positive that mine wasnt.

Steve Ward.