Re: SRSG motor - HELP!!!!!

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

I too can confirm that the induced emf can cause flashover and
failure in the motor windings. I had one motor fail that way,
including a nice 1/4" melted section in the winding. I spliced it
back together, added an emi filter, and rerouted the line cord
farther away from the primary circuit. All has been well since!

I also noticed sometime later a carbon buildup between the AC plug
hot/neutral; I shudder to think what I had been injecting into the AC
line to arc across the plug surface.

Good luck,
Gregory

--