Re: Garolite (G9, G10, G11) questions.

In a message dated 6/9/02 1:41:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Ed, all,

One of my early coils used a rotary made from a large aluminum
disc 13" in diameter, it had a thick steel shaft with bearings at
each end.  I mounted the whole thing into a wooden frame, and
drove it with a rubber belt attached to a 1/2HP washing machine
motor.  I drilled 8 holes into the edge of the
aluminum disc, and installed steel screws which served as
spinning electrodes.  It worked very well, but was somewhat
noisey.  This aluminun disc assemby came from a
"Compugraphic" machine which was used to make printed
labels.  I once saw another of these monsters in a scrapyard.

Richard Hull used an aluminum disc which he cut notches
out of to make it resemble a sort of saw-blade, and he used
that for his Nemesis rotary, with belt-drive.  The coil gave
15 foot sparks.

Cheers,
John