RE: was Re: depotting/ now flyback circuits

Original poster: "Michael J Strube by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mjstrube-at-artsci.wustl.edu>

Jimmy,

	When I did this test (following the procedure from the link in my last
post) I found that it took over 100 volts to find the return pin. I
couldn't find it with a 12 volt supply, still didn't find it when I doubled
that. Switched to a 25 volt supply (which when rectified and filtered was
around 35 volts) and still didn't find it. Doubled that; still nothing. I
finally put two 25.2 volt transformers in series (secondaries) and doubled
the output. Then I was able to locate the return pin. Could be that the
flyback is shot but it may just take more voltage.

Mike