Re: Mad NST!

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>hi steve
>
>By removing turns from the primary (the
>turns removed rom the secondry are such a
>small proportion if total turns it doesnt
>matter) you have increased the voltage of
>the transformer by (3/15)*100 = 20% or in
>other words it is now putting out around
>1440v with a peak voltage of 20,700v
>whaich explains the ability of it to jump
>an inch in air. It alsom means that the
>core is saturating and drawing an obscene
>amount of current. All you need to do is
>to re wind the 3 layers of primary
>windings you removed with some fresh wire
>and all will be well.
>
>regards
>
>alex
>------------------------------
>Alexander JJ Rice
>Geek#-1232
>Rank : G-2 (Wahey!)
>http://www.TheGeekGroup-dot-org
>"Because the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth
>!"?

Thanks for the help, I just need to find a local source for this, what looks
like, 18awg wire.  Is there any chance that this stuff is aluminum??  The
inside of the wire looks silver all the way through, and the wire is very
soft.  The enamel on the outside makes it look like its copper.  Also, do i
have to use magnet wire?? or can it be something else?  Also, must i have
the same size of wire?  Because, i could just take the primary wire off of
an ignition coil, but it looks to be a bit smaller.  Any help is needed.

Steve Ward.

_