Re: audio modulated VTTC

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Robert Heidlebaugh wrote:
The grid circuit is different.

Robert,

Thank you for your advice and hints. I've tried several modifications, but
never
managed to get a low distortion signal. I suspect the peak grid current to
drive the iron
core of the AF transformer into saturation.

> Get an old copy of radio amatures handbook for actual schematics all
ready designed for you.
I was looking for an old copy (with tube driven oscillators and PAs) at the
recent
hamfest, but invane.

Many sources explicitly state, that a Class C PA with tank circuit or
Collins filter is not
suitable for transmission of AM and SSB because of its unacceptable
intermodulation
products. Linear PAs are used therefore. Does this mean, that there is no
way to a high
quality modulation using Class C ?

Cheers,

Herwig