From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 7:49 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: NST project: what to do next

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey All,

I have a 15/60 nst that has a "Secondary Ground Fault Protection" on it.
Since this will not work with a tesla coil I decided to de-pot it.  After a
couple weeks, the transformer is finally out of its case.  Now, the question
is what all does a normal nst (no protection stuff) consist of.  I am asking
this because I dont know exactly what to do to bypass the SGFP.  Is it just
straight forward line-voltage to primary coil or do non-protected nst's have
some kind of circuit in them, because this particular nst has a prinited
curcuit board with capacitors, resisters, etc.  I'm hoping all I have to do
is bypass this curcuit but that seems too easy, therefore, my reason for
writing to the list.  Another thing, what is the best thing to use in
re-potting the nst.

All comments are very welcome
Thanks everyone,
Lance