Re: Protecting Garage Door Opener

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Zimtesla-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Jim,

At the least, unplug it and tuck the wire antenna out of the way.  The best
way is to remove the PC board that has all the electronics on it.  They are
usually hooked in with connectors that just unplug or you could add a few
connectors where needed so the board can be removed easily.  The remaining
motor, light, power cord...  will not be hurt by a TC.

Cheers,

    Terry

Thanks for the info. I do unplug (even before the failure) and since then do
remove the PC board. It is a bit of a pain but I don't like shell out $ when it
could be put to better use - like more coiling parts.
Jim