Transformerless Tesla coil

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I have just set up a page with an initial description of my
directly coupled Tesla coil, with some pictures:

http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/mres4.html

The system is not better than a conventional coil (the design
is more restricted), but works too. Some ideas can be useful,
as how I assembled the MMC capacitor, how I connected the
secondary coil, and a telescopic antenna as a tunable top load.
I will now try to increase the output power by moving to mode
20-21, equivalent to a conventional coil with coupling coefficient
0.0488 and voltage gain 20.5, what will double the
output voltage and multiply the power by 5. A question of making
a 5 nF MMC and a 67 uH L1 inductor.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz