Bleeder resistors

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi all,
  I wanted to make sure I got this right..

After chugging out some equations I figured out that I'll
need a 410 meg bleeder for my .01uF 75kV transmitter cap..

Does this sound right? I figured a max voltage of 75kV
because I wasn't srue what the max voltage on the cap would
be with a 15/30 resonant charging..

With max 15kV, it takes 10 seconds to get down to 50V. Is
that right? If so, is the time constant long enough that it
doesen't interfere with the coil's operation?

Thanks for any help!!

Coiling in Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen