Control panel labels

Hi All,

Yesterday, while wandering around in the office supply store, I took a long
look at those Brother "P-Touch" machines that make nice labels.  They use
them at work and all that.  They are on sale this time of year (get ready
for school...) so I got one.  The Model 1750 was only $40 with a nice
keyboard, display, and it takes all the cool cartridges.  I also got a
black on clear cartridge for $15 (like inkjet printers, I guess they make
their money on the cartridges).  It is very simple to use and you don't
need to read the instructions.

So having made all kinds of projects over the years (like 30 years now...)
and trying all kinds of ways to make nice labels for switches and stuff, I
can say that this thing is super nice!!  Well worth the cost to anyone who
needs to make those darn labeled panels that don't look like crap.  Not as
nice as poly coated dry transfer (hard to do!) but the next best.  The
labels are super tough and seem like they will last forever even with rough
use (you can't break or even streach the film by hand, don't know what the
stuff is...)  They heat transfer the "ink" on the back of tough sticky
tape.  The clear just looks like black ink on the original panel.  It has
the usual goofy "party" fonts and other fancy features, but just the basics
work fine.  It is really well thought out and really does work perfectly.

The tape in the "TZ" cartridges is 26 feet long so about 50 cents a foot
plus the machine and batteries.  Pretty low cost compared to some of the
things your's truly has tried ;-)  You can make a bunch at a time right
next to each other so it gets real cheap.  "Playing" with it gets expensive ;-)

So I'll be going around labeling Tesla coil panels tonight!  Try and find
someone (or somebody at work) who has one and make all those nice panel
labels.  Or, get one like I did :-)  It's one of those cool things in life.
 I should say I don't work for them or anything like that, but it's just a
solution to a problem I have spent weeks and $$$ on in the past.

So If you are looking for a nice way to label those Tesla coil control
panels and all, this Brother P-touching thing is really nice!  It probably
would not take a direct streamer hit well ;o))

Cheers,

	Terry

BTW - I also happened to unexpectedly "find" myself under the Navy's "Blue
Angels" practicing for a show yesterday afternoon (North of Loveland, CO).
Really cool to sit there with six F-18s doing all kinds of fancy stuff a
few hundred feet over your head :-))  At first, having an F-18 flying 100
feet above the car unexpectedly with full afterburners on, made me think
that I might be at "ground zero - two" or same bad thing like that.  But I
caught on fast that the yellow-blue planes were "party" types instead of
"first attack" types :-))  So I forgot to go back to work and watched them
play (and burn up my tax money) all afternoon.  I think I am deaf now :o)))