Re: MOTs & Thoughts

Original poster: "Marry Krutsch by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hi Tim, all,

	I'm not sure about your MOT, but all of mine are partially saturated at
120 volts.  They start to vibrate, and the primary no-load current goes
up to between 2 and 4 amps, depending on the unit being tested.  I have
graphed the no-load current vs input voltage, and the graph stays linear
until 90 volts, then begins rising exponentially after that.  I have 5
MOTs, each differing in size/output, and they all begin to saturate with
90 volts in.  The input current really begins to take off at 100 volts
in.  I wish I had a transformer like yours :-).

Peace,
Winston K.

PS- If anyone is interested (let me know), I can send you a copy of my
measurements, complete with graphs (they look cool :-)).  It's done in
Excel.

"Marry Krutsch" <u236-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Tim J by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<digital_raven45-at-hotmail-dot-com>