RE: Initial design of SRSG - 3D Model

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Nice rendering, I especially like the wood grain!

I see that you were planning on two pairs of gaps in series.  This will
increase the gap losses somewhat, and I'm not sure that anyone has shown an
actual quenching-benefit (particularly when breakout occurs) to having a
series configuration.

One more thing - beware of the tendency for surface arcing between the
front and rear electrode supports at the base, particularly if the corners
are sharp as illustrated.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

First off, I want to thank you all again for the great help.  I couldn't
have gotten as far as i've gotten with all of you!!!

Anyways, I've finished a rough model of my synchronous spark gap.  If you
have time, would you be able to take a look at it and see if there is
anything you don't like or what I could do to make it better?

Note that spark gap distances, electrode distances aren't adjusted yet.
Just a rough model.

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/rotarysparkgap01.jpg